Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Version 5.2.6 Stuck on "Ready to read from volume"

2016-08-02 08:56:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Version 5.2.6 Stuck on "Ready to read from volume"
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>, Tyler Rothenberg <trothenberg AT stmatthews DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 14:55:29 +0200
Hello Alan,

Ubuntu is currently packaging version 7.4.0 in the latest Ubuntu, so I
really cannot complain too much.  The official position of the project
is that we support the current major version and the prior one.
Currently, that mean 7.4.x and 7.2.x.  What that really means is that
we will officially look at bugs for 7.2.x and 7.4.x, but we only fix them
in the current version of 7.4.x.

Note: this is now documented in www.bacula.org->Support->Bug Reporting

Since we are now working on providing binaries, we will probably have
to think about rebuilding the prior version with fixes.  I am not sure we
will be able to do LTS as Ubuntu does though.

Best regards,
Kern