Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie 5.2.6 to 7.4.x?

2016-08-02 12:24:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie 5.2.6 to 7.4.x?
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "John Stoffel" <john AT stoffel DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:12:18 +0300
On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:23:31 -0400
"John Stoffel" <john AT stoffel DOT org> wrote:

> Debian is a great release, but boy are they stuck in the past for some
> projects.  It's time to upgrade my bacula on mysql to the latest
> release.  Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?
>
> Ideally, I'd prefer to just install packages from a repository and
> have it do all the upgrade work for me.  I've got a very simple setup
> where it's just two clients, one Linux, one Windows 10, and a set of
> disks volumes I write my bacula volumes to.
>
> I see that Debian Testing is starting to have the latest packages, but
> unfortunately the jessie-backports isn't supporting anything newer.
> Bummers.
>
> I guess I could just install sid/testing packages.

By the way, why do you _need_ to upgrade Bacula?
I'm backing a dozen of servers some of which stuck to Bacula 5.0.2 (and
even older), with the master server (which hosts the director and SD)
still running Wheezy.  I have no issues with this setup.  The servers
being backed up are Windows and Debian machines.