Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Version 5.2.6 Stuck on "Ready to read from volume"

2016-08-02 04:52:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Version 5.2.6 Stuck on "Ready to read from volume"
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Tyler Rothenberg <trothenberg AT stmatthews DOT edu>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 10:51:11 +0200
Hello,

Four points:

1. Bacula version 5.2.6 is *very* old.  It was released 17 February 2012.  By
any standards that is *very* old.  Of course, you are probably running the
version released by Ubuntu -- too bad.  I know this is not helpful, but you
really should take the time to upgrade.  It is easier to upgrade one version
at a time, but in your case you will be upgrading something like 3 major
versions!  That is almost a guarantee that something will go wrong in the
upgrade.

2. This is probably not the cause of your problem, but it is possible.
You should be using the non-rewinding drive: /dev/nst0 rather than
what you configured /dev/st0.

3. If you start the debugger with -d200 and capture the output, it may
give you and us a clearer idea what is blocking Bacula.

4. While Bacula is blocked, please do a bconsole "status storage" command
to see what the Storage daemon thinks is going on.

Best regards,
Kern