Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backups to Google Drive?

2016-07-29 07:25:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backups to Google Drive?
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 07:25:24 -0400
On 7/28/2016 10:37 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> The idea would be treating the storage pool like a virtual tape
> drive with a limited number of slots. Unmounting a volume means
> copy it out to the network. Mounting a volume means copying it back.
> Once a volume is unmounted its marked read/only.

That seems a reasonable approach, although I don't know of anything like
that. If something like rsync is used for the unmount copy, then it
would not be necessary to mark it read-only.

It is possible to define mounting and unmounting commands for a Device
resource. At one time this was used for writing to DVD, etc. I'm not
sure of the status of these directives in 7.4.x, but they do still
exist. See
http://www.bacula.org/7.4.x-manuals/en/main/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html#SECTION001940000000000000000.

It should be possible to use a bash script to rsync the volume files
back and forth and use that as the "Mount Command" and "Unmount Command"
for the Device resource.