Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How does Bacula know a changed file?

2016-07-19 09:49:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] How does Bacula know a changed file?
From: philhu <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:48:37 -0700
I move my NAS files to a new FreeNAS unit.

I used rsync to move, keeping numeric-ids, perms, owners, groups, etc.  Full
everything backup.

Mounted the new nas at exact mountpoints as old unit used.

Plex, pytivo, etc did not see a difference

Bacula, on the other hand, saw something, as it still did what it said was an
incremental, not full, but rewrote all files to tape.

What does it key on for changes?  I would rather not need my 48TB of data going
out to tape again, taking 20 days