Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Struggling with full disk

2016-07-06 15:44:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Struggling with full disk
From: cdn <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:55:48 -0700
Hey,
I am pretty new in bacula, but started a solution to backup my server via
internet through a vpn tunnel. Everything works well, but I am struggling with
my disk space:

I am using a RAID 5 for saving my backups. In my bacula-dir.conf the following
pool is definied:

Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 30 days         # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4000G          # Limit Volume size to something
reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 100               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
}

But after a while the disk running out of space. Why bacula will not delete old
files?

Client conf:

Client {
  Name = srv-fd
  Address =
  FDPort =
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = ""         # password for FileDaemon 2
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 2 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Thanks for your help!