Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 24 (bacula 7.4.1) gives error in bacula-sd.conf

2016-07-05 16:00:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 24 (bacula 7.4.1) gives error in bacula-sd.conf
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:59:35 +0200
Hello Bill,

Well, you happen to be quite lucky, because some distros are slow to
release fixes, but  I have found that Simone is very reactive and fixes
problems extremely rapidly, so I expect that you will have a solution
shortly.

This kind of problem does unfortunately happen.  For example, I have
recently run into problems with Ubuntu 16.06 where the Director will not
startup due to a change in MySQL packaging. Note: this my also hit
Fedora 24 if they are using MySQL 5.7 or later, and the patch is in the
Bacula git repository.  I will release a Bacula version 7.4.2 probably
tomorrow or possibly Thursday.   The problem is probably that most
packagers do not know about our regression tests or do not have the time
to set them up.  Once set up, Bacula regression tests are very easy to run.

On another note, Bacula Systems has recently agreed to produce community
binary packages for Bacula, and the first ones should become available
shortly (probably a matter of weeks).    The first packages will
probably be CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu, but over time, I believe that
they will provide packages for all the most popular distros.

Best regards,
Kern