Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 24 (bacula 7.4.1) gives error in bacula-sd.conf

2016-07-04 03:50:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora 24 (bacula 7.4.1) gives error in bacula-sd.conf
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:49:12 +0200
Hello Bill,

OK, thanks for the responses.  Unfortunately the traceback is not very
useful because the symbols have been stripped, but it did give me a
rough idea where the seg fault is coming from, and it looks like it may
be the same bug reported in the bugs database bug #2231.  If you read
that bug report, I am beginning to suspect that the GNU compiler 6.1 is
broken or at a minimum not compatible with Bacula.  I suggest you
"monitor" that bug report.  If you are not using a version 6 compiler
(g++ -v) then the only way to figure out what is going wrong for you
will be to rebuild with debug symbols turned on.

g++ is the name of the GNU C++ compiler, which is used to build Bacula.

Best regards,
Kern