Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mail notifications delayed

2016-06-19 05:17:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mail notifications delayed
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 11:16:58 +0200
Correct typo of last email:

The issue is whether the directive is an "operatiorcommand" or a
"mailcommand".  The transport mechanism does not matter (i.e. bsmtp or
mutt, or whatever).  A mailcommand is sent at the end of a job and will
include all messages generated during the job.  The operatorcommand is
sent when the *event* occurs, so the messages appear immediately and are
not batched to the end of the job.

Of course, messages can also be delivered to the console, which is a
whole different story.

Best regards,
Kern