Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mail notifications delayed

2016-06-17 11:00:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mail notifications delayed
From: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:59:06 -0500
What seems

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are two things you can do:
>
> 1. Look at the default bacula-dir.conf Messages resource, which avoids the
> problem you are having.  You are missing (or probably have deleted) one
> important directive.
>
> 2. Read the document section on the Messages resource, and in particular the
> "operatorcommand".
>
> Best regards,
> Kern

Thanks Kern. What seems strange to me is that the same Messages
resource configuration is working well in a couple of different Bacula
servers (different customers) and I get such kind of messages
inmediately (never delayed).

I've modified the default Messages resource to disable the bsmtp
command in favor of my native mail command which it's currently
routing mail through my postfix service without any issues. Also, the
"all" rule already includes the "mount" operation so messages should
have arrived without delays. I can't understand what went wrong just
that day.