Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to recover from lost connection

2016-04-22 03:48:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to recover from lost connection
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Clark, Patti" <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>, "ian AT zti.co DOT za" <ian AT zti.co DOT za>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:47:26 +0200
Hello Patti,

Yes, the restart command is in its "infancy" -- that is it does not currently (on purpose) handle all cases -- each failure must have explicit code to permit a partial backup to be used.  This is to ensure as much integrity of the final backup as possible.

If you or anyone else has some explicit cases where a connection dropped and Bacula restarts from the beginning rather than as close as possible to the failure, please send me the exact output from the original backup failure showing the connection failure.  That way I can track down the code path of the failure and make sure it permits restarts.

Best regards,
Kern