Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to build tray-monitor

2016-04-19 08:26:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to build tray-monitor
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:25:36 +0200
Hello Jason,

Yes, building the tray monitor is fairly complex, and perhaps in the next major version, it will be included in the automatic build because we will have some important new functionality via an enhanced "tray-monitor".

So here is a corrected set of instructions that will probably work:

cd <bacula-source>
./configure --enable-bat <your options>   [note: I have added --enable-bat]
make    [or "make -j9" goes faster]

[I assume you have done the above, but if not do it]

cd src/qt-console/tray-monitor
qmake                                     [note: I have added qmake]
make
I am not sure that the --enable-bat is really needed, but in any case, if you cannot build bat, you will not be able to build the tray monitor both of which require the correct version of Qt.  I use Ubuntu 12.04, which has the correct version of Qt dev library packages for compiling Bat. You need Qt version 4.8.4 or later, and I doubt that bat/tray-monitor will build with Qt >= 5.0.0

That is about all the help I can be.  Sorry.

Best regards,
Kern