Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to recover from lost connection

2016-04-21 09:35:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to recover from lost connection
From: Ian Douglas <ian AT zti.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:33:50 +0200
hi All

On Thursday 21 April 2016 07:21:08 Josh Fisher wrote:

> Yes, most likely. In the 3 hours or so it took to despool to tape, the
> SD->FD TCP connection was dropped for some reason. I am of the opinion
> that not all interfaces interpret IEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet
> in the same way, and when one interface puts its transmitter into sleep
> mode, the receiving interface sees it as a dropped connection. Setting a
> heartbeat should work, if that is what is happening.

Okay thanks, will add that. I guess I will have to start the backup over, how
do I remove what's in the catalog so that I can reset the tape?

Is there a way to write to tape every 50GB or so? I see setting for volume
size but as I understand it (newbie and all) that that refers to the tape size
not the "chunk" size.

Thanks, Ian

--
ian AT zti.co DOT za http://www.zti.co.za