Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client backup with compress

2016-03-30 12:48:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client backup with compress
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>, Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 02:44:35 +1000
Hello Wanderlei,

There seem to be two problems here: 1. Compression does not seem to work
with some particular clients.  2. Compression or not seems to depend on
the details of the FileSet.

I assume you are talking about #2, which is what the rest of this email
is referring to.

Ana has opened a bug report on this subject, and at the current time, I
believe that the behavior is probably as was originally intended and
implemented (still under discussion). The problem is that the behavior
is probably not very intuitive.

We are still discussing whether or not the behavior conforms to the
documentation and if it is different what to do with it -- i.e.
fix/change the code or enhance/correct the documentation.

Best regards,
Kern