Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Difference between Full and Used status

2016-03-28 20:14:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Difference between Full and Used status
From: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 19:11:39 -0500
Thank you Kern, Phil.

It's pretty clear to me what a Used status means: when a volume reaches its maximum duration time (i.e. Use Volume Once, Volume Use Duration). But it wasn't clear the difference with Full status.

If using tapes I could guess that a volume may have a Full status when the physical media is actually full (i.e. 1.5 TB for a LTO-5 tape), but what about File volumes? If I use "Maximum Volume Bytes = 10G", will my volumes get the Full status when they reach 10 GB of data?