Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client

2016-03-13 16:36:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client
From: Richard <lists-bacula AT listmail.innovate DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 20:28:06 +0000

> Date: Sunday, March 13, 2016 11:41:40 -0700
> From: maaf4d <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
>
> Ok so there seems to be some kind of issue with the public IP
> addresses of OpenStack to where I can't really use the IP addresses
> to connect to the nodes even tough I can ssh to them. It's very
> weird.
>
> Anyway, I tried to install Bacula on some of the machines on my
> lab. I made one machine the server, and another one a client. I
> opened the ports and made sure that they're listening on the right
> ports. Although, I cannot get the machines to connect. When I use
> telnet, I get a connection refused message. I can ping the machines
> just fine.

A "connection refused" response to a telnet generally means that the
target machine isn't listening on the port you tried. Use netstat to
make certain that the daemon is listening on the external interface
for the port(s) you are trying. If you reach a listening daemon, but
there are access control issues, you'll likely get a different
response.