Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Building directory tree...Query failed

2016-03-10 11:42:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Building directory tree...Query failed
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:35:30 -0700
>> === start ====
>> Building directory tree for JobId(s) 1237 ... Query failed: SELECT
>> Path.Path, Filename.Name, Temp...WHERE FileIndex > 0 ORDER  BY
Temp.JobId, FileIndex ASC:
>> ERR=disk I/O error

>Hello, Suzy: most likely your Bacula Director machine has a faulty or full
hard disk (this last one I'm not sure if can provoke the disk I/O error
message).
>I recommend you backing up your Bacula machine (database and
configurations), replace disks and reinstall Bacula. Or you can just try to
use fsck in order to fix the current errors, and pray they don't appear
again.

You don't have to guess about failing hard drives. You only have to read the
SMART info from each of your drives. That will tell you.

Drives often fail, but I wouldn't recommend replacing them unless you know
for certain that they are failing.