Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble setting up Bacula on FreeBSD

2016-03-01 08:10:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble setting up Bacula on FreeBSD
From: Cejka Rudolf <cejkar AT fit.vutbr DOT cz>
To: Simon Templar <stemplar AT opposedtwin DOT com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 14:07:55 +0100
Simon Templar wrote (2016/02/29):
> I've set up bacula 7.2 on my FreeBSD server using Postgres as the
> backend database.

Which FreeBSD version? According to the mt status it seems to be
sufficiently fresh.

> Device {
>    Hardware End of Medium = no           # Noted as FreeBSD specific
>    BSF at EOM = no                       # Noted as FreeBSD specific
>    Backward Space Record = no            # Noted as FreeBSD specific
>    Fast Forward Space File = yes         # Noted as FreeBSD specific
>    TWO EOF = no                          # Noted as FreeBSD specific

Where did you get this?

Try this:

  BSF at EOM = yes
  TWO EOF = yes
  Hardware End of Medium = no   # maybe not needed now, but there is no
                                # performance impact, so let's start with it
  Backward Space Record = yes   # not needed, changed to yes is the default
  Fast Forward Space File = yes # not needed, yes is the default

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology