Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] filesystem full

2016-02-23 17:08:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] filesystem full
From: Lylex Ryan <lylexryan AT yahoo DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 22:03:48 +0000 (UTC)
Hello Bacul-ians:

I'm new to Bacula and this installation, but have used several enterprise
backup systems in the past.

I believe I have a 3.0.1 server (haven't figured out how to tell) running on
Centos 5.3, backing up Centos clients to local disk on the server.

The filesystem used to hold the backup volumes is full.  I think things are
running normally (retention, etc), as the previous sysadmin configured, but the
clients have just grown to the point that we ran out of room.

I guess I could play with the retention policy etc, but hate to make any
changes since my understanding is very small.

We do have another filesystem (shared, but still a lot of room) available.  I'm
thinking the easiest way out is to designate the other filesystem as also
available for new volumes.

I don't mind reading a bit, but not sure where to start.

Thanks for any advice....Lyle