Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Hardware Specs & Sizing for Bacula?

2016-02-19 14:41:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Hardware Specs & Sizing for Bacula?
From: "paul.hutchings" <paul.hutchings AT protonmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:37:29 -0500
Wow!  Point well made :)

-------- Original Message --------
Local Time: February 19, 2016 7:35 pm
UTC Time: February 19, 2016 7:35 PM
From: greg AT gregandeva DOT net
To: paul.hutchings AT protonmail DOT com

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM, paul.hutchings <paul.hutchings AT protonmail DOT com> wrote:
For example if I were to suggest box with dual 8 core E5 CPUs, hardware PERC RAID card with 1GB cache, 48TB of 7.2k SATA in RAID6 and 32GB (or more) of RAM running as a SD

I actually use a Raspberry Pi with attached USB disks as an SD. I have about a dozen clients (including some VMs) and it works fine. Where you need the horsepower is for the database, so in my case, the Pi only runs the SD (and an FD for backing itself up), and the director and database run on a different machine with much more memory and CPU power.

--Greg