Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restrict pool to write to single volume

2016-02-05 03:02:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] restrict pool to write to single volume
From: Süleyman Kuran <skuran AT ayk.gov DOT tr>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:38:39 +0200
Hi there,

I don't know if this has been discussed but google won't show me
relevant results.

I use bacula to backup to eternus library with 4 drives. Multi drive
config and simultaneous write works great. But what I need is to
restrict one pool (offsite pool)  to write to only single volume so that
I can take it out of the library and store in a safe place. My total
backup size fits in single media. Single media restriction is required
for only one pool. The other pools should not be affected. How can i
achieve this? My pool config is below.

Thanks.

Pool {
  Name = Offsite
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  #Use Volume Once = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4924983103488
  #Recycle Pool = Offsite
}