Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] q: generic tape inventory software

2016-01-26 10:48:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] q: generic tape inventory software
From: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:25:34 +0100
Dear list,

I am looking for software which can administrate physical tapes for me. Obviously some properties of a tape can be found in Bacula's catalog, but not all. For instance location, date of buying, etc. Also this would only apply for tapes which have been used/seen by Bacula before and not for unused tapes. A complete overview of all tapes regardless the sate of the catalog would be nice.
Obviously I can put everything in a spreadsheet, but some software for it sounded like a better idea.
I am fine with an external tool outside of Bacula and manual entry of data.
Any pointers appreciated. I prefer FOSS obviously. Windows and Linux are both fine.

--

Met vriendelijke groet / best regards,
Olaf Zevenboom

www.artefact.nl