Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fedora/RHEL/CentOS backports

2016-01-25 16:08:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fedora/RHEL/CentOS backports
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:02:32 +0100
Hello list,

just a recap as I've not written much for quite a long time. I'm the maintainer of the Bacula packages in Fedora, and I've just updated the Bacula backports repository to version 7.4.0. Being a simple increment on 7.2.0, I've udpated it in place. It is provided for all non-EOL distributions, that at the moment of writing is Fedora 22+, and RHEL/CentOS 5+.

At the current status, packages for RHEL/CentOS 5/6/7 are on par with Fedora 23/rawhide packages. Information on the repository is here:

There are also these legacy repositories (they will eventually be deleted), which I left in place to avoid forced upgrades to people:

With the addition of one of the repositories, users will have the choice of installing the same version across all distributions. By upgrading the database, you can also upgrade in place from RHEL/CentOS 6/7 official packages. This is the current status in the distributions WITHOUT the backports:

- el5 (through EPEL) - Bacula 2.4
- el6 - Bacula 5.0.0
- el7 - Bacula 5.2.13
- f22 - Bacula 7.0.5
- f23/rawhide - Bacula 7.4.0 (pending updates)

Any questions, requests, comments, etc. regarding RHEL/CentOS/Fedora packages and repositories are welcome.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/