Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Prefer disks over tape in restoring

2016-01-22 05:33:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Prefer disks over tape in restoring
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:30:46 -0200 (BRST)
Hello Andrea:

> My situation is as follows:
> _ I do monthly full and daily diff/incr backup to a NAS (this is fast
> and easy);
> _ I also do weekly full backups to tapes (slow, unconfortable, but safer).

Tape libraries are great and have huge throughput. Perhaps you are not feeding
it with enough multiplexed jobs / data.

> Is there a way I can tell bacula to almost ignore tape backups, so:
> a) always use the last disk full as a reference for subsequent diff/incr;
> a) always restore from disk, unless I really ask for the tape (e.g. by
> job number)?

This looks like the copy jobs are the must suitable for your situation. While
you still have original jobs in disk Bacula will prefer to restore from them.
If they got recycled you have a copy in the "evil" tapes. =)

>       av.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Próximas aulas telepresencial ao-vivo - 15 de fevereiro:
http://www.bacula.com.br/agenda/
Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company Bacula:
http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/
Ou assista minhas vídeo aulas on-line:
http://www.bacula.com.br/treinamento-bacula-ed/
61 8268-4220