Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Adding Encryption and Compression

2015-11-09 17:29:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Adding Encryption and Compression
From: Davide Giunchi <davide AT giunchi DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 23:10:44 +0100
> Can I add those options to the the fd config, and assume it will start
> using them as the volumes recycle. Will it know how to deal with the
> mix of volumes with and without on restore?

Hi Ken,
Some weeks ago i've tried the same type of restore.
If you setup a client to use data encryption, when you try to restore a
previous cleartext data, you will get the error "missing private key
required to encrypted backup data".
To restore an older cleartext backup, you need to change the
bacula-fd.conf, disable encryption, restart bacula-fd, and then you will
be able to restore the old cleartext backup.

Regards