Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Adding Encryption and Compression

2015-11-07 11:38:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Adding Encryption and Compression
From: Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:08:29 -0500
I've been doing bacula backups to disk file volumes for some time,
basically with defaults. I'm now thinking of doing cloud backup of the
volume files, and it strikes me that I should enable encryption and
compression on the bacula client.

Can I add those options to the the fd config, and assume it will start
using them as the volumes recycle. Will it know how to deal with the
mix of volumes with and without on restore?