Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole won't connect to director

2015-11-08 10:19:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole won't connect to director
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 13:15:04 -0200 (BRST)
Hey guys,
Hello Tim, how are you?
 I've had to rebuild my bacula server recently. And everything seemed to go okay with the install, but for some reason the bconsole can't conect to the director.

This is all I see when I try:

[root@bacula1:~] #bconsole

Connecting to Director bacula1.example.com:9101

I tried running my bacula-director in debug mode to get an idea of what the problem is, however it isn't providing any clues:

In this case running bconsole in debug mode would be more fruitful.

I made sure the bacula director definition matched the bconsole config. From bacula-dir.conf:

Director {                            # define myself

  Name = bacula1.example.com

  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections

  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"

  WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"

  PidDirectory = "/var/run"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1

  Password = "secret"         # Console password

  Messages = Daemon

  TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/bacula1.example.com.crt

  TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/private/bacula1.example.com.key

  TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/CA/certs/ca.crt

  TLS Enable = yes

  TLS Require = yes

}

If you are using self-signed certificates it is very likely you would have to use the following settings:

TLS Verify Peer = no
TLS Allowed CN = "192.168.0.50" # Or name

From bconsole.conf

Director {

  Name = bacula1.example.com

  DIRport = 9101

  address = bacula1.example.com

  Password = "secret"

  TLS Certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/bacula1.example.com.crt

  TLS Key = /etc/pki/tls/private/bacula1.example.com.key

  TLS CA Certificate File = /etc/pki/CA/certs/ca.crt

  TLS Enable = yes

  TL

}

I think TLS Require is miss copied here.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
I do Bacula training and deploy in any city of the world. More information: http://bacula.us/