Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Volume Pools and Strategy

2015-11-04 04:18:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Volume Pools and Strategy
From: Carlo Filippetto <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>
To: Wesley Render <wrender AT otherdata DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 10:16:51 +0100
I think you have to use one set of pool for every storage.
I think that you can write volumes of the same pool into different storage, the problem may arrive when you have to restore...

Try to a restore job...

This is my Schedule:
Schedule {
       Name = "Custom"
       Run = Level=Full Storage=ST-data Pool=P-Monthly 1st sat at 21:30
       Run = Level=Differential Storage=ST-data Pool=P-Weekly 2nd-5th sat at 21:30
       Run = Level=Incremental Storage=ST-data Pool=P-Daily sun-fri at 22:00
}

As you can see I set the Storage and Pool into every line, you can change it.

Why do you like to use a single pool?
If you have 2 storage may be more clear and easy to find every single volumes if you have different pools..

Bye

Should each storage daemon/geographic storage location have it's own
set of Volume Pools?  Or can I share one set of Volume Pools between
all of the storage daemons/storage locations?

I am  using auto labelling as well and it works great.

--
Wesley Render, Consultant
OtherData