Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Volume Pools and Strategy

2015-11-03 11:40:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about Volume Pools and Strategy
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 11:39:07 -0500
On 11/03/15 11:23, Carlo Filippetto wrote:
> I don't like to use "label-format" I prefer to set the label by myself.
> In my installation all the jobs that runs during the same night gone to
> the same volumes.

I use auto-labeling for my disk volumes, to achieve exactly that end.
Each volume created has a 24-hour use window, and then it's done, with
14 days expiration for daily incrementals and 60 days for weekly
differentials.  My full backups go to a fixed set of 24 statically
labelled LTO4 tapes which are used in rotation.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications