Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Again: Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:

2015-09-14 21:53:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Again: Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: s.guenther AT in-put DOT de
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:49:36 -0300
Hello Stefan,

Sorry again..

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Stefan Michael Guenther <s.guenther AT in-put DOT de> wrote:
Hi Ana,

> Sorry for my late reply.

no problem at all, that gave me time for some more tests.

> From your first post, the problem was not about bacula needing to create
> another volume, but that you had only one drive and your jobs were asking for
> volumes in two different pools.

This is not possible, even if the jobs do not run at the same time?

​Yes, in the case the jobs run at different times (one job runs and then the other one) this is possible. You just need to assure that the second job will ask for another volume and do not use the same as the first job. You can achieve this by correctly setting configurations like retention period and something like volume use duration, maximum volume jobs or use volume once for getting the volume used by your first job marked as used.

The bacula server has mounted a number of windows shares and I wanted to use a different pool for each machine, because there are different requirements concerning backup level and retention time.

> About the job that you had problems to cancel, I suppose, because of my delay
> in replying to you, that you had already solved it. But if you would like to
> confirm if this is a bug or not you can run your daemons in debug mode: start
> your daemon(s) in debug mode (./bacula start -d100, for example. The higher
> this value, more output will be produced) or configure debug mode using the
> "setdebug" bconsole command.

thanks for that hint. I have a couple of test systems running Ubuntu, where I can restore the setup causing the problems.

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

You're welcome.

Best regards,