Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Again: Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:

2015-09-05 17:03:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Again: Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
From: Stefan Michael Guenther <s.guenther AT in-put DOT de>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 22:58:57 +0200
Hi Ana,

> Sorry for my late reply.

no problem at all, that gave me time for some more tests.

> From your first post, the problem was not about bacula needing to create
> another volume, but that you had only one drive and your jobs were asking for
> volumes in two different pools.

This is not possible, even if the jobs do not run at the same time?

The bacula server has mounted a number of windows shares and I wanted to use a
different pool for each machine, because there are different requirements
concerning backup level and retention time.

> About the job that you had problems to cancel, I suppose, because of my delay
> in replying to you, that you had already solved it. But if you would like to
> confirm if this is a bug or not you can run your daemons in debug mode: start
> your daemon(s) in debug mode (./bacula start -d100, for example. The higher
> this value, more output will be produced) or configure debug mode using the
> "setdebug" bconsole command.

thanks for that hint. I have a couple of test systems running Ubuntu, where I
can restore the setup causing the problems.

Thanks for your help,

Stefan