Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Daemon listen on IPv6

2015-09-10 07:15:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage Daemon listen on IPv6
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 07:13:25 -0400

On 9/9/2015 5:06 PM, Matthew Voss wrote:
> Hi Ana,
>
>   My bacula installation is version 5.2.13.
>
> Matthew

I believe that Ana's example, using the 'ipv6' keyword rather than the
'ip' keyword, will work. Nevertheless, it SHOULD have worked with the
'ip' keyword. The 'ip' keyword is supposed to determine which IP version
to use. For example, if a domain name is given, rather than a numeric
address, then on most systems an IPv6 address will be used if available,
else an IPv4, With a numeric address, Bacula should determine IP version
from the address itself. For some reason, Bacula 5.2.13 is not correctly
interpreting the IPv6 numeric address :: (the IPv6 unspecified unicast
address). Using the 'ipv6' keyword, rather than the 'ip' keyword, should
force IPv6 and accept the :: address.