Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Labeling when using native virtual autochanger

2015-08-25 18:56:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Labeling when using native virtual autochanger
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:55:14 -0300
Hello Dan,

Heitor is right :)

I run tests with exactly your configuration and had the same issue. The drive index 0 must exist and belongs to the autochanger resource. You have an Index 0 drive in your configuration: vRestore. But it is not in the Autochanger definition. If you put it there, it will work:

Autochanger {
Name = VirtualDisk
Changer Device = /dev/null
Changer Command = /dev/null
Device = vRestore, vDrive-1, vDrive-2, vDrive-3, vDrive-4, vDrive-5
}

I tried defining the vRestore drive with "autoselect = no" (this work for physical autochangers). But it seems to make no sense when dealing with virtual disk autochangers.

Having a single drive for restores worked for me. I was able to restore files from jobs/volumes that used the autochanger for backup.

​​
Device {
Name = Restore
​-Drive​
Media Type = File
Archive Device = /usr/local/bacula/volumes
LabelMedia = yes
Random Access = yes
AutomaticMount = yes
RemovableMedia = yes
AlwaysOpen = yes
​​
}

Best regards,
Ana

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2015, at 5:13 PM, Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br> wrote:
>
>>> Dan,
>>>
>>> At a glance I think you must have a "Drive Index=0" at the universe of drives of
>>> your autochanger.
>>>
>>> "Device = vDrive-1, vDrive-2, vDrive-3, vDrive-4, vDrive-5"
>>
>> I never considered that I needed to start indexing my drives from zero.  Hmm.
>> Thank you.  I will look into that.
>
> It is just a wild shot from a non-developer.

Do not undervalue that.  :)

> But with some user perception of C plus Kern's elegant and merciless coding I think it would worth a try. =P

I'll have a look soon.  Thanks.

Dan Langille
http://langille.org/