Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]

2015-08-15 08:26:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 08:26:06 -0400

On 8/14/2015 8:00 PM, JING YANG wrote:
Dear Ana,
       It is like this,

-rw-r----- 1 bacula bacula 5 Aug 14 02:19 bacula-sd.9103.pid

Are you sure that bacula-sd runs as bacula:bacula and not bacula:tape?

-rw-r----- 1 root   root   5 Aug 14 02:19 bacula-fd.9102.pid

-rw-r----- 1 bacula bacula 5 Aug 14 11:05 bacula-dir.9101.pid

anything wrong here?

Thanks,

Jing

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hello Jing,

Have you checked the write permissions on your Pid Directory?

PIDFILE=/var/run/bacula/$NAME.$PORT.pid

Best regards,
Ana

Em sex, 14 de ago de 2015 às 14:07, Jing At Penn <yang15 AT sas.upenn DOT edu> escreveu:
Dear Josip,
         I really appreciate your help. I am using archlinux. I figured the system daemon configuration file is running under /use/lib/systemd/system/bacula-fd.service. So I changed the user and group in there. Now, I checked "ps aux | grep bacula-fd" it's running as root. However, I still get the permission error. I am running out of ideas right..... Desperate for your help....

Thanks,
Jing