Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]

2015-08-11 08:23:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd cannot access files from the system still getting [permission denied]
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Jing Yang <yang15 AT sas.upenn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:22:13 -0300 (BRT)
> Hi,
>      I have been searching around a lot about “permission denied” errors,
> however,
>      none of them matches my case. I am keeping getting Permission denied
> error on
>      bacula-fd daemon. In the manual, it says that run the file system daemon
> as
>      root. I am assuming it means the following,
> "-rw-r----- 1 root   bacula 1012 Mar  6  2013 bacula-fd.conf”
> However, it seems not working at all. In addition, I keep other configuration
> files with user as bacula and group as bacula. Is this the correct? How can I
> check whether the daemon is running as root user or some others? What does the
> manual mean by “run file system daemon as root”?

Hello Jing: vi /etc/init.d/bacula-fd
NAME="bacula-fd"
DESC="Bacula File Daemon"
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/${NAME}
BUSER=
BGROUP=
BOPTIONS="-c /etc/bacula/${NAME}.conf"
BPORT=9102
Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training?
https://www.udemy.com/bacula-backup-software/?couponCode=bacula-list
+55 61 8268-4220