Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Out of virtual tapes

2015-08-03 17:41:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Out of virtual tapes
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 18:40:31 -0300
Yes, I think so, for daily full backups.
I have 5 years retentions for my full backups, but they are full monthly backups. For daily and weekly backups, we use incremental and differential types.

Regards,
Ana

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu> wrote:
On 08/03/2015 04:07 PM, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> Yes, you should rethink your pool/volume configurations, specially volumes
> and pool sizes regarding the amount of space you have to accommodate them.
> You have a very high retention period.

365 days is high? There are places where 3650 is a legally-mandated minimum.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin