Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how do I fix "status=200" error on make_catalog_backup.pl?

2015-07-09 17:37:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how do I fix "status=200" error on make_catalog_backup.pl?
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:35:40 -0400
On 07/09/2015 05:25 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
> On 09/07/15 03:15 PM, Bill Arlofski wrote:
>> On 07/09/2015 12:58 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
>>> I'm running Debian/Jessie on an AMD64 box. My new Bacula configuration
>>> is currently working on all the parts that I modified for my environment
>>> (which servers and files to backup), but the catalog backup, which I
>>> barely touched, is failing. I get:
>>>
>>> 09-Jul 12:46 bacula-dir JobId 97: shell command: run BeforeJob
>>> "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
>>> 09-Jul 12:46 bacula-dir JobId 97: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned
>>> non-zero status=200. ERR=Permission denied
>>> 09-Jul 12:46 bacula-dir JobId 97: Error: Bacula bacula-dir 5.2.6 (21Feb12):
>>>
>>> The script in question is owned by bacula:bacula and everyone has
>>> read+exectute permissions. Web searches haven't yielded any solutions.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> Any chance /etc/ is mounted on its own partition and that partition is
>> mounted
>> "noexec" ??
>>
>> See what the mount command shows.
> No. It's part of the / partition.
>>

>> Also, you may as well paste the output of:
>>
>> # find /etc/bacula -ls
>>
>> maybe a directory above /etc/bacula/scripts is chmod 0700, or other,
>> preventing traversal into the directory to access/run the script?
>>

>> Bill
> root@molar:/etc/bacula# find /etc/bacula -ls

> 921000    4 drw-r-----   2 bacula   bacula       4096 Jun 28 12:06
> /etc/bacula/scripts

And there it is!

I am assuming the Director is running as user "bacula".

Your /etc/bacula/scripts directory is "rw" bacula.

A directory needs the x (exceute) bit to allow a user or group to traverse
into it.

Do a:

#  chmod 750 /etc/bacula/scripts

and I think you will be all set.