Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start

2015-03-27 18:13:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:11:25 -0300 (BRT)
[root@ops:/etc/yum.repos.d] #rpm -qa | grep bacula
bacula-client-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-storage-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-libs-sql-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-libs-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-console-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-common-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64

And those are from the slaanesh-Bacula repository.

I'm still thinking that my bacula director is just not supporting mysql.

I would think by this message I'm getting when trying to install bacula mysql:

Package bacula-director-mysql is obsoleted by bacula-director, trying to install bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 instead
Package bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

That the new bacula director would support mysql.

But that doesn't appear to be the case. That alternatives command is pretty straight forward and usually works. Not really sure why it's not working this time around.
Tim: I'm not a CentOS guy but I really think bacula-director package is built to use postgresql by default (I think Simone can correct me).
The packages to mysql should be bacula-director-mysql and bacula-storage-mysql, or even build from source. I have the CentOS deps and building steps on the following link, that you can machine-translate at the England flag on the right menu: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2604

I hope I can get to the bottom of this. I'll keep digging. And I appreciate all your responses, and any help offered.

Thanks
Tim

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net> wrote:
Quoting message written on Friday 2015-03-27 16:16:53:
> I tried setting the alternatives this way:
>
> [root@ops:/etc/bacula] #alternatives --set libbaccats-mysql-7.0.5.so
>  /usr/lib64/libbaccats-mysql.so
>
> So I guess I'm still not doing this quite right, because it looks like
> the mysql libraries are still not linked to the bacula director:
>
> [root@ops:/etc/bacula] #ldd $(which bacula-dir)| grep -i mysql
> [root@ops:/etc/bacula] #
>
> Nothing shows up. So what do I need to do to get this working correctly?

bacula-dir binary and libbaccats-mysql-7.0.5.so are completely different
files. Both of these binaries have its own set of libraries they are
linked with.
In other words you don't check bacula-dir with ldd in to check if the
libbaccats-mysql-7.0.5.so is linked with mysqlclient library.

I am not huge fan of alternatives but I think that you are not using it
properly in this case. I believe the command might look like this:
 alternatives --set libbaccats.so /usr/lib64/libbaccats-mysql.so

In order to check the mysql support you might use the command from
  bacula-dir -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -f -d 200

In the last 25 lines you should see whether mysql.c is mentioned or not.
If you see mysq.c lines following the dir_plugins.c lines then you
can be sure that your bacula-dir now supports mysql.

--
Josip Deanovic

GPG me!!