Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start

2015-03-27 18:34:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:28:56 +0100
Quoting message written on Friday 2015-03-27 17:55:52:
> These are the binaries I have installed:
>
> [root@ops:/etc/yum.repos.d] #rpm -qa | grep bacula
> bacula-client-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-storage-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-libs-sql-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-libs-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-console-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
> bacula-common-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
>
> And those are from the slaanesh-Bacula repository.
>
> I'm still thinking that my bacula director is just not supporting mysql.
>
> I would think by this message I'm getting when trying to install bacula
> mysql:
>
> Package bacula-director-mysql is obsoleted by bacula-director, trying to
> install bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 instead
> Package bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest
> version
> Nothing to do
>
> That the new bacula director would support mysql.
>
> But that doesn't appear to be the case. That alternatives command is
> pretty straight forward and usually works. Not really sure why it's not
> working this time around.
>
> I hope I can get to the bottom of this. I'll keep digging. And I
> appreciate all your responses, and any help offered.

Ok, I have just did this on some test server (centos 6.6 x86_64)...

Before you go through the same steps I did, I would strongly suggest
that you:
1. uninstall all the bacula packages (copy your bacula configuration
   somewhere just in case
2. remove your current bacula repo file from /etc/yum.repos.d
3. yum clean all

Then continue with this steps:

wget "https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula7/epel-bacula7.repo";

mv epel-bacula7.repo /etc/yum.repos.d

yum install bacula-director-mysql.x86_64

At that this point "bacula-dir -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -f -d 200"
would show that we are using postgres by default and we can also check
this using this ls command:

# ls -l /usr/lib64/libbaccats.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Mar 27 23:01 /usr/lib64/libbaccats.so ->
/etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so

# ls -l /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Mar 27 23:01 /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so ->
/usr/lib64/libbaccats-postgresql.so

Now we can proceed with the alternatives command:
alternatives --set libbaccats.so /usr/lib64/libbaccats-mysql.so

And if we check the path again we will see that the symlink has been
changed and it now pointing to mysql version of the library:

# ls -l /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Mar 27 23:13 /etc/alternatives/libbaccats.so ->
/usr/lib64/libbaccats-mysql.so

If we check the comand "bacula-dir -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf -f -d
200" again, it will show these lines near the end of the output:

bacula-dir: dir_plugins.c:148-0 Load dir plugins
bacula-dir: dir_plugins.c:150-0 No dir plugin dir!
bacula-dir: mysql.c:697-0 db_init_database first time
bacula-dir: mysql.c:165-0 mysql_init done

That clearly shows that bacula-dir now supports mysql.

At that point you just need to install the rest of the mysql packages
that didn't came as bacula-dir-mysql dependency:
yum install bacula-client.x86_64 bacula-console.x86_64 bacula-
storage.x86_64

And that should be it.
Now you just need to configure bacula-dir, bacula-sd, bacula-fd(s)
and bconsole. May God Have Mercy on Your Soul while you are at it. :-)

--
Josip Deanovic