Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start

2015-03-27 13:08:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:06:40 +0100
Quoting message written on Friday 2015-03-27 12:52:13:
> No mention of MySQL!!!
>
> If I do a yum search for references to mysql and bacula:
>
> [root@ops:~] #yum search bacula| grep mysql
> Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository updates is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository centosplus is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository contrib is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository kbs-CentOS-Extras is listed more than once in the
> configuration Repository kbs-CentOS-Testing is listed more than once in
> the configuration bacula-director-mysql.x86_64 : Bacula Director with
> MySQL database support bacula-storage-mysql.x86_64 : MySQL Bacula
> storage daemon files
>
> That's what I get.
>
> If I go:
>
> [root@ops:~] #yum install bacula-director-mysql.x86_64
>
> I get:
>
> Package bacula-director-mysql is obsoleted by bacula-director, trying to
> install bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 instead
> Package bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest
> version
> Nothing to do

I think that bacula-director package brings you the bacula-director with
the support for sqlite library.

You want to use mysql therefore you need to uninstall that package and
install the appropriate one:

yum remove bacula-director
yum install bacula-director-mysql.x86_64

And than continue with your bacula setup.

> I used this yum repo to install bacula 7
>
> [root@ops:~] #cat /etc/yum.repos.d/slaanesh-Bacula-epel-5.repo
> [slaanesh-Bacula]
> name=Copr repo for Bacula owned by slaanesh
> baseurl=
> http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/slaanesh/Bacula/epel-5-$b
> asearch/ skip_if_unavailable=True
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=
> http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/slaanesh/Bacula/pubkey.gp
> g enabled=1
>
> Maybe this is some sort of funky repo that's not giving me what I need?
> Any thoughts?

I wouldn't call it funky repo. Its maintainer is also reading this list.
I intend to use this repo on some servers.

--
Josip Deanovic