Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start

2015-03-26 17:24:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] director won't start
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:30:30 +0100
Quoting message written on Thursday 2015-03-26 16:07:27:
> Here, it's complaining that it can't do a select from the database. But
> when I go into the DB myself, I can see it works just fine:
>
> mysql> use bacula
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
> Database changed
> mysql> SELECT VersionId FROM Version;
> +-----------+
>
> | VersionId |
>
> +-----------+
>
> |        14 |
>
> +-----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> And I'm not sure what this error means or how to correct it:
>
> 26-Mar 15:57 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
> "JokefireCatalog", database "bacula".
>
> And this error seems to be complaining about my bacula director
> configuration:
>
> 26-Mar 16:00 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
> Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

Hi,

It looks like the bacula director couldn't connect to your mysql
database server.

Try to connect to your mysql using the same parameters you have defined
in your Catalog resource definition.

For example, try to connect to your mysql server like this:
mysql -u admin bacula

And use the same password you have defined in your Catalog resource.
That should fail and you would get the idea how to correct the problem.

--
Josip Deanovic