Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula doesn't write on the whole tape

2015-03-26 11:53:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula doesn't write on the whole tape
From: Markus Rosjat <rosjat AT ghweb DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:26:17 +0100
Hi there,

I know this question was asked befor and maybe it will be again in the
future but I'm kinda frustrated with it.
We have a LTO-3 hp tapeloader and suddenly our jobs began to randomly
mark tapes as full even the tape was writen with half of the amount or
sometimes less. I found some old post about it on the list but with a
aswer like
"solved but I dont tell because it was sooo simple" you get frustrated
again. What we did so far without solving the problem.

  1. replacing the scsi controller -> no effect
  2. replacing the scsi cable -> no effect
  3. replacing the terminator -> no effect
  4. replacing the tapeloader -> no effect

so even with all physical parts removed bacula insist that the tapes are
fully writen after 150gb or even 80gb. We used brand new, never written
tapes too and got told they are full. but checking showed we had once
again just written less then expected.

So if somebody out there with the same problem and a solution please share.

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: rosjat AT ghweb DOT de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT