Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula bug? Expanding my NAS size (Adding disk)-Redoes Full

2015-01-07 11:11:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula bug? Expanding my NAS size (Adding disk)-Redoes Full
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:05:47 -0500
On 01/06/2015 01:31 PM, philhu wrote:
> ok, tried to do that, seems to have failed, but list volumes shows retention
> is now correct:

> Select parameter to modify (1-18): 14
> Error updating Volume records: ERR=sql_update.c:451 Update failed:
> affected_rows=0 for UPDATE Media SET ActionOnPurge=0,
> Recycle=1,VolRetention=63072000,VolUseDuration=0,MaxVolJobs=0,MaxVolFiles=0,MaxVolBytes=53687091200,RecyclePoolId=0
>  WHERE PoolId=1
> Error updating Volume records: ERR=sql_update.c:451 Update failed:
> affected_rows=0 for UPDATE Media SET ActionOnPurge=0,
> Recycle=1,VolRetention=63072000,VolUseDuration=0,MaxVolJobs=0,MaxVolFiles=0,MaxVolBytes=53687091200,RecyclePoolId=0
>  WHERE PoolId=2
> Error updating Volume records: ERR=sql_update.c:451 Update failed:
> affected_rows=0 for UPDATE Media SET ActionOnPurge=0,
> Recycle=1,VolRetention=31536000,VolUseDuration=0,MaxVolJobs=0,MaxVolFiles=0,MaxVolBytes=0,RecyclePoolId=0
>  WHERE PoolId=3
> All Volume defaults updated from "LTO4Tapes" Pool record.
> *

Hi Phil...

Just a quick note regarding your mention of the command failing.

If you notice, the last line says:

'All Volume defaults updated from "LTO4Tapes" Pool record.'

Which means that the SQL query that Bacula sent to the DB successfully updated
the records for all of the volumes in the "LTO4Tapes" pool.

However, the three lines above it are a bit misleading in that they are not
really errors in the true sense of an error.

What actually happened was that there were no volumes in those pools to update.

To verify this, type   "List Pools"  in bconsole.

You should see four pools listed, and the first three;  PoolId 1, 2, and 3
will have NumVols = 0.

Hope this helps.

Bill

--