Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula bug? Expanding my NAS size (Adding disk)-Redoes Full

2015-01-05 10:54:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula bug? Expanding my NAS size (Adding disk)-Redoes Full
From: philhu <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 07:52:36 -0800
>On 1/5/2015 9:20 AM, philhu wrote:
>I added 8tb to my nas, all machines show the new size/free etc, but bacula
>decided that because
>the NAS drive size is bigger, it will do a Full on all my backups/sets.
>
>Why should the nas getting bigger cause all new fulls? The data on the drive
>did not change
>
>It wouldn't. Perhaps growing the nas was only coincidental. Did the
>retention period for the previous fulls expire? Did the FileSets change
>for any reason?

Well, looking through bacula-dir.conf, I see that I forgot and left the client
resource parameter "File Retention = 60 days", It was supposed to be set to '2
years'.  I started using Bacula in Oct'14 and this occurred in middle of
December, so is that the cause?  Here is part of my config:

Client {
  Name = bacula-fd
  Address = bkpcentos7
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "<<redacted>>"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 60 days            # 60 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Pool {
  Name = LTO4Tapes
  Pool Type = Backup