Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up 3 remote locations

2014-12-17 20:27:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up 3 remote locations
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Damien Hull <dhull AT tikigaq DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:24:21 -0300 (BRT)

·        Can I “seed” the backup process by copying data to a drive and moving that to the bacula server? This would be done before I start the backup process on bacula.

You don't really need to do anything, since Bacula is responsible to copy data from the clients to the storage daemon (socket connection).
If you want to make a local backup on the remote sites, you can have a Bacula storage daemon on them to make the backups and configure a copy job to your main site.

·        Is there a recommended way to backup remote servers over a VPN connection?

I don't think there is anything special, but your network appliances can be a bottleneck, eventually.

Thanks!

Damien Hull

IT Manager

Tikigaq Corporation