Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows File Daemon maximum speed at 36 MByte/s

2014-12-05 16:27:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows File Daemon maximum speed at 36 MByte/s
From: Patrick <jummo4 AT yahoo DOT de>
To: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de, jfisher AT pvct DOT com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 22:24:08 +0100
Hi Andreas,
Hi Josh,

Thanks for your hints toward NTFS performance. I have checked the access time
setting on the windows file server and on all it was disabled. The Windows
Server 2008 R2 are configured with the Fileserver role, I think Windows set the
value automatically.

During my research from the NTFS side I stumble over VSS again and I observed
that even I configured the Maximum Concurrent Jobs on the Windows FD Client to
10 only one job backups real data, the others just wait before the VSS line in
the log file. After the first job finished, one of the other print the VSS line
and backup real data. It seems that only one VSS shadow copy can be use by the
bacula-fd.exe.

I couldn’t found anything in the documentation [1] and only this on the
mailinglist, without a concrete answer [2].

Can I configure the bacula-fd.exe two use more than one VSS shadow copy at the
same time?

I talked to our windows expert and he told me that Windows Server 2008 R2 can
have up to 64 concurrent VSS shadow copy.

Thanks again,
Patrick

[1]
http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/Windows_Version_Bacula.html#SECTION003480000000000000000