Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd

2014-10-24 08:30:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd
From: Andrea Carpani <andrea.carpani AT dnshosting DOT it>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:28:38 +0200
On 24/10/2014 12:47, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> No, the SD and the FD cannot be reloaded.  On the FD in principle it
> would be easy, but on the SD, it would be complicated if drives
> changed.  What would you do with Jobs that are using a drive that
> would be removed from the reload?

I'm not that deep into backup software, so maybe I'm saying something
stupid, but a config reload could do the same thing that other software
do, that is:
  - continue servicing current requests with the previous conf and
  -  use the new conf for new requests.

Something like a graceful restart apache does.

Does this make sense?

.a.c.