Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] sg device node stickyness

2014-10-22 04:31:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] sg device node stickyness
From: Robert Oschwald <robertoschwald AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:24:53 +0200
Using Bacula Server 7.0.4 on CentOS6_64.

One thing which annoys me is that the sg device node for TapeAlert changes with
every reboot from /dev/sg4 to /dev/sg6 and vice versa.
Is there any setting I can set in udev to get sticky device nodes for my tape
device changer device node?

System has a LSI 3Ware  9650SE controller installed which is the one fighting
for sg device node with my HP Ultrium 4 SCA tape device.

Thanks,
Robert