Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Despooling attrs does not finish

2014-10-22 03:52:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Despooling attrs does not finish
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:49:20 +0200
Hello,

Le 21. 10. 14 17:10, Blake Dunlap a écrit :
> This sounds like a bug in bacula actually. It shouldn't follow
> recursion into the same structure, simply store the link and move on.

This is exactly what Bacula is doing with links, it means that here it's
not links, but real directories probably created by some buggy
program.

One thing about the MySQL catalog, default indexes are using only the
first 255 characters of the Path string, it means that on this case, the
database engine might not be able to use the index properly if
directories were too long. If you are using recent version of MySQL
with Innodb for example, you might want to increase this number.

Best Regards,

Eric