Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Despooling attrs does not finish

2014-10-21 13:06:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Despooling attrs does not finish
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:03:49 -0500
On 10/21/2014 10:10 AM, Blake Dunlap wrote:
> This sounds like a bug in bacula actually. It shouldn't follow
> recursion into the same structure, simply store the link and move on.

Windows doesn't do links so it's not a recursion at this point.

>> very strange, maybe a zip file containing symlinks pointing to .  was
>> unzipped on desktop.

Yup. Other fun things one can do to windows is unzip a tarball with
filenames that differ in case only and take bets on which of them will
become "the" file. Or make a jar with Myclass.class and MyClass.class in
it and close the ensuing bug reports with "works for me, buy a better
computer".

Also, MS defines PATH_MAX as 260 characters in winders and 32768
characters on ntfs. So 4834 is fun, too.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin